Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct and coordinate the efforts of suppliers’ and internal operations teams to manage and maintain BAU service
- Responsible for delivering IT services throughout the service lifecycle within the agreed service levels. Identify service vendors, establish services and manage vendor performance.
- Manage and provide visibility on the maintenance of network availability, reliability, maintainability, outage serviceability & continuity requirements against the cost justified service and operating/service level agreements for the service.
- Part of the team owning all network services including WAN, LAN, Voice & Security systems
- Collaborate and leverage IT competency centres and shared services
- Ensure sufficient communication with key stakeholders
Knowledge and Experience:
- Typically has 10 years of IT work experience, with at least 5 years of service and delivery management experience in global and complex environments
- 2 to 3 years of managing a global network service provider on behalf of an enterprise; or 5 to 6 years of leading a global network service provider’s delivery into an enterprise
- Leadership of similar scale network transformation, including selecting a service provider, building transformation plans, service transition and bringing into steady-state
- Experience of setting network strategy, proposing improvements, building a business case and initiating network projects
- Good understanding of network technologies such as SD-WAN, MPLS, VPNs, Routing, Switching & Voice protocols
- Bachelor's degree in computer science / information technology or equivalent experience
- Training/certification in ITIL, Agile, preferred
- Industry Certificates such as CCNP highly advantageous
- Long-term cooperation,
- Employment contract,
- Attractive salary (based on your professional experience and technical skills),
- Flexibility to choose the form of contract (UoP/B2B),
- Private healthcare – LuxMed, Benefit system – Multisport card,
- Dedicated administrative consultant.